"Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for it."
Graduate/ Assistant Engineers – UK
Job Reference: CJU02
- Location: Central London, UK
- Salary: dependent on experience
This client is a specialised and globally focused engineering consultancy providing independent services to the offshore wind industry.
This client is established in the offshore wind sector since the beginning and has been involved in the majority of the major offshore wind projects in Europe, Asia and the US.
This client is currently expanding into the US and Asia.
The client has also a sister company that provides marine and offshore engineering services in the major Oil & Gas energy centers around the world including Houston, Rio de Janeiro, London, Aberdeen, Oslo, Dubai, Singapore and Shanghai.
SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare geotechnical analysis and study to assess site condition for offshore unit installations;
- Analyse geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations and prepare reports for site-specific leg penetration analysis;
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to assist in the design and evaluation of offshore structures and foundations, particularly of geotechnical aspects.
- Attend regular internal meetings and external/ third party meetings as required;
- Work on or lead projects to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients within the required timeframe, cost and quality standard;
- Ensure all deliverables are completed in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures and policies;
- The role is office based with flexibility to working hours.
- Work periods of up to 6 weeks offshore or onsite may be a requirement of the job.
- Candidates from graduate up to five years’ experience who are looking to take a step up in their career are required.
- The candidate must be focused on geotechnics.
- BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering
The skills required with this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team including engineers, contract managers or QHSE personnel;
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team player with pro-active approach;
- Desire to progress their career in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to work under own initiative with a minimum level of supervision and be a self-starter;
- Ability to work in an offshore environment on an occasional basis;
- Excellent technical engineering knowledge with a specialisation in geotechnical engineering;
- Developing the ability to co-ordinate, direct and lead projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision;
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work;
- Well organized and self-directed;
- Good communication skills and excellent report writing skills.
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to start as soon as possible.