"Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for it."
Senior Design Engineer – UK
Job Reference: CRA1-17
JOB BRIEF/ PURPOSE
- To take a leading role in the delivery of engineering projects;
- Manage client/ customer relationships, mentor staff in engineering, manage engineering deliverables and costs and develop engineering solutions.
- Reporting primarily to the Principal Engineers and ultimately to the Engineering Directors;
- Liaising closely with all engineering staff on a daily basis, and administrative staff and clients as required.
- Development of engineering solutions;
- Mentoring of engineers;
- Manage project deliverables;
- Assessment and development of engineering software and tools;
- Conducting research into engineering on an ad-hoc basis;
- Produce review and supervise engineering calculations, drawings and reports.
- Maintain client relationships;
- Advise on cost and time estimates;
- Assisting the Principal Engineers as required and assuming their day to day responsibilities on projects during absences;
- Checking and approving of engineering deliverables for technical quality and conformance with company Standards and quality processes.
- It is intended that the post holder will develop the leadership and managerial skills necessary to take on the Principal Engineer’s role.
- All members of the Company and other external companies.